Maccabee's Wars

A venting rage against the ills of our society with some hopeful observations.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Achron Shel Pesach, Shevii Shel Pesach and More of a Walking We Will Go

Walking the hills and steps of Jerusalem is always an adventure but walking from Katamon to Givat Mordechai is something completely different.

No matter what you do, you can’t find a route without massive inclines. I knew I should have taken that topographic map with me; maybe I’ll do it next time.

The walk was almost like Krias Yam Suf. Then again, how appropriate; that was the day of our walk.

On Achron Shel Pesach, it was quite strange walking by Pizza shops, bakeries and the sort while we were still making Yom Tov meals and eating Matzos. I didn’t mind it all. Besides, I got to eat Chametz even quicker after Pesach, since some of it most certainly had been baked the day before.

Freshness is in the eye of the beholder.